Monday 28 January 2013

Let's start at the beginning...

When I was pregnant, I was very lucky to have people around me ready to help and give me suggestions. One friend in particular was very helpful, she told me a lot about what had happened to her during pregnancy, what she found helpful or not and she helped me to prepare to the life with a newborn. Looking back I appreciate even more the help this friend gave, without her I would have been even more clueless and lost. Now my daughter is 6 almost 7 months old and I decided that I could share what I found helpful or not during pregnancy, but mostly for motherhood. I think that no one can prepare anyone for the life changing experiences that are pregnancy and motherhood, but sharing experiences can still be helpful. So, this is what this blog is going to be about... sharing my experiences as a mother. I will talk about all the joy that being a mum brings me, all the difficulties that I would never have thought of that come along, the challenges of everyday life etc. I am going to write about things such as helping a colicky baby, playing with her when I don't have the strength to brush my hair, but also little tips about how to feel like a whole person again and appreciate the new person you have become.
I am not a professional, I am not a doctor, I am a mum and everything provided here is what I have observed so far as a new mum, it might help someone a bit hopefully but if you disagree with anything I say it's fine, motherhood is not about copying someone else, there is not one right way, there are as many different ways to be a mum as there are children, their little personalities make the experience change every time. So the best I can say is that you should always do what feels right, follow your guts and never be afraid to ask help from anyone you trust. But above all, enjoy the ride, every day is unique and those special times will not come back so cherish them!

No comments:

Post a Comment